Here a checklist to ensure you’ve taken care of everything prior to your move.
- Have you arranged new utilities for your new house?
- Have you taken final meter readings and phoned them in – or will phone them in on the first day the utilities are open?
- Have you informed your bank, mobile phone and any other companies who regularly bill you at your old address of your new address?
- Have you transferred things like your driver's license, visa, passport or work permit to your new address?
- Do you regularly contract a gardener, maid service or other third party service that you need to cancel?
- Have you arranged a mail redirect?
- Have you stopped all utilities, and informed any tax or local authorities of your move so that they can adjust your final bill and have it forwarded to your house?
- Is everything packed, removed, binned and/or accounted for?
If you are leaving furniture, have you checked that there's nothing in, underneath, behind or on top of it?
- Have you fulfilled any items that will ensure the return of your deposit (if you had one?)
- Is everything packed away and clearly marked? Do you have any items that need to be stored away in a storage facility?
- Have you paid all fees associated with your new house, if required?
- Have you clearly explained, or marked out any repairs required within your old house?
- Have you left all manuals for appliances or items you're leaving behind?
- Have you shut off all appliances in your old house?
Now you can move on to your new house knowing that you're able to continue your life without any disruption.